Join the Shift3 Family
We’re proud to be an Equal employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We’re looking for
- Shift3 Technologies is a small team with big aspirations. We’re not looking for an HTML/CSS master. We’re looking for skilled programmers. We want someone who is looking for a position where they get a say in how the product is built and what the user experience is supposed to be like. Come ready to bounce ideas around and live the developer life. We prefer someone local, so we’re prepared to help with moving costs. (No VISA help at this time, sorry :/) Pay is excellent for the Central Valley, and the benefits are top notch. Craft beer in the fridge, plus lunches from time-to-time, plus we send you to a conference or two. We’re a tight-knit team living in a city where people say technology doesn’t exist. They’re wrong. Come help us prove it. Our office is located inside of an emerging techhub called Bitwise Industries. Bitwise Industries is changing the face of an entire industry in a city. Be a part of that.
About this job
- This is a full-time job in Fresno, CA. Not project work.
- – .NET
- – MEAN
- – PHP/Laravel/MySQL
- – Ruby on Rails
- – Python
- – Postgres
Web Application Developer Job Responsibilities:
- – Creates user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining web applications.
Web Application Developer Job Duties:
- – Defines site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- – Designs and develops web applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- – Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- – Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- – Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- – Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- – Updates job knowledge by researching new technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- – Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- – Supports and develops web application developers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
Web Application Developer Skills and Qualifications:
- – Degree not required, but two to five years of experience or demonstrated experience. Not all programmers are alike. Show us what you can do.
- – Github/Gitflow proficiency required.
- – API Integration skills should be strong
- – Written Communication should be excellent
- – Verbal communication should be above average
- Bitwise Industries is a company building an empire in Fresno, CA. It doesn’t say much to say that we think what we’re doing is important, because everyone thinks their work is important. Apply and find out for yourself.
- We are looking for an experienced Software Development Project Manager that can use his or her project management expertise to follow each initiative through from ideation to implementation in a fast-paced Agile environment. The person in this role has an exceptional ability to project manage delivery teams, possesses strong technical skills, has proven project management expertise, great communication skills, and is astute at motivating teams to achieve results in a fast-paced, multi-client, multi-project environment.
Who You Are
- You are exceptionally organized and love creating and working with project plans to identify the best way to meet client and team needs. You are passionate about schedules and delivery, and you love working with software development teams.
- – Deliver projects on time, within client budget parameters with the highest degree of quality
- – Create and execute against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the delivery team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- – Develop, communicate and implement program / project risk / issue management plans and strategies (e.g., mitigation, avoidance, transfer, acceptance)
- – Manage and track team velocity, project budget and other KPIs in relation to the project plan and published progress reports
- – Develop project scope statements, in consultation with applicable stakeholders to create project estimates (e.g., Project Charter, Statement of Work, Business Vision & Scope Document)
- – Identify the level of the skills, duration and effort required for successful project execution
- – Manage, and appropriately escalate, delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes tied to the product development initiatives
- – Report on status of development, quality, operations and system performance to internal and external stakeholders
- – Identify project management best practices and implement right-sized solutions as needed
- – Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Project Management, or related field
- – Technical credentials, with at least 4 years of experience working with software development teams
- – A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
- – Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- – Strong interpersonal and customer service skills are a must, as face-to-face client communication and interaction are a necessity
- – A track record of communicating well with executives and non-technical leaders
- – Experience managing Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams
- – PMI certification is a plus
- – Scrum certification is a plus
Full Time Employees Benefits
- 100% employer paid premiums for medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and their dependents.
- Employees enjoy a Platinum Medical Plan, among the best medical plans available in the market.
- Medical plans include low deductibles designed to provide the most comprehensive benefits with the lowest out-of-pocket costs to employees.
- Free Employee Total Well-Being Assistance Program. Wellness program offers free, confidential coaching and referral services for physical activity, nutrition, weight management, smoking and tobacco cessation, stress management, and heart health, such as:
- Financial Assistance: Free expert financial planning and consultation.
- Health Coaching: Free personalized telephonic and technology-enabled health coaching.
- Legal Assistance: Free telephonic or face-to-face legal consultation.
- Family Assistance: Consultation and referral services for daily living issues such as dependent care, auto repair, pet care and home improvement.
- Counseling: Confidential counseling and referral services for a wide array of personal and work-related concerns, such as: Depression, Stress & Anxiety, Marriage and Relationship Problems, Grief and Loss, and Substance Abuse.
- Employee Gym membership: Employer paid gym membership to onsite facility.
- Open Paid Time Off plan: We understand the need for and encourage employees to take time away from work. Exempt employees are eligible for an Open PTO plan (unlimited PTO) which affords them the flexibility to take PTO as needed. The Company does not track or limit employee PTO under this policy.
- 11 paid holidays per year